Thursday, August 6, 2009

Your kingdom is built on what is right and fair. Love and truth are in all you do. Psalm 89:14

Love is a difficult pursuit and truth is a tough one, too. According to Max Lucado, "put them together, pursue truth and love at the same time and hang on baby, you're in for the ride of your life. Love in truth. Truth in love. Never one at the expense of the other. Never the embrace of love without the torch of truth. Never the heat of truth without the warmth of love..."

This seems like a hard task - to be loving and honest at the same time. I'm not sure if I have ever been able to accomplish this. I pray that as I grow everyday to be more like my Savior, Jesus Christ, that I will experience the ability to embrace truth with love. What a sense of peace to know that God is able to handle both - He is love and He is truth!

Father, teach me what it means to pursue truth and love at the same time. May I be able to show others what it means to combine these two tasks into one singular task.

No comments: