Sunday, August 30, 2009

Desire and Delight

What an AWESOME weekend this has been!!!

The Beth Moore Simulcast was such a blessing. It seems like just yesterday that my SisterChick Tracy challenged the ladies in my Bible Study with these questions: What has God placed on your heart to do? What is He calling you to do? Are you being obedient to Him? Being a host church for the simulcast came out of those little questions and God blessed our obedience tremendously! What began in March as a simple question of obedience transformed into 178 women being blessed by God's Word inside The Bridge Community Church. We were able to be part of over 90,000 women world wide in 45 states and 5 countries experiencing the message of "Coming Home to the Desires of Your Heart" delivered by Beth on Friday night and Saturday morning.

Find your delight in the Lord and He will give you your heart's desire. Psalm 37:4

I learned:

The desires of God's heart need to be the desires of my heart!

Nothing dictates our lives like our desires. In my natural state I will always do what I want.

Beneath the desires of our hearts is the heart of our desire. Glory and destiny are at stake.

Delighting in God adapts our desires into inevitabilities. When we are living consistantly in His will and delighting in His presence, it is inevitable that our desires will be in line with His.

Nothing external can steal our right to delight.
If I am missing out on the desires I need to check my JAW - Am I...
J - jealous - Do I have any jealousy?
A - angry - What am I mad about?
W - worried - What am I worrying or fretting about?
These things can take a bite out of my desire!

Repression will make me sick - Rebellion will make me stupid - Reverance will make me real!

To make room for delight, I must commit.

Nothing is passive about patiently waiting for desire to turn into delight. Sometimes God wants me to shut up and listen to Him. Sometimes He wants me to praise Him in the pain.

Till faith becomes sight trust God and do good.

I am called to be a mighty woman of God.

It amazes me that Beth could get all of that out of 1 verse!!

It was a blessing to feel God's presence during the Simulcast.

It was a huge blessing to see 178 women blessed by His presence!

But words cannot explain the blessing of obedience!

Lord,
Thank You for the message I received from You this weekend. Thank You for Tracy and her urging me to obedience. Thank You for a church that supported the dream You gave me. Thank You for the lessons I learned during the preparation - the lesson of focusing on Your plans - about not allowing Satan to get me side-tracked with the pettiness of this world. It was a challenge but it was Your power that gave me the strength to look outside of myself and keep my eyes focused on You. I know that I failed several times but I am so greatful for Your gentle reminders! Thank You! I am Yours!


Then - today - Celebration was AWESOME!!! Tim's conclusion to the Summer on the Mount was fantastic!!! Our God is amazing and He will not let go of me! I want to continue to live for Him, to be obedient to Him on this earth, and to anticipate eternity with Him!

No comments: