Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Captured

As a single woman it is very easy to get depressed about being alone. Everywhere I go I see couples - young couples in the early stages of love - older couples who have been together for 50 years and they are still holding hands - grandparents relishing their grandchildren together - and families with a mom and a dad together. All of these can be painful and if I am not careful I will fall into the trap of feeling sorry for myself and thinking one or more of the following, "I did not sign up for this life!" "How did I end up alone?" "I am going to grow old alone and die alone!" "Who is going to take care of me in my old age?" "What is wrong with me that I am alone and rejected?" and on and on and on. This state of mind is not a good place to be and it is definitely NOT what God wants for me. I was reminded of this today!

LOOK, YOUR SAVIOR COMES!

Regarding, Zion, I can't keep my mouth shut,
regarding Jerusalem, I can't hold my tongue,
Until her righteousness blazes down like the sun
and her salvation flames up like a torch.
Foreign countries will see your righteousness,
and world leaders your glory.
You'll get a brand-new name
straight from the mouth of God.
You'll be a stunning crown in the palm of God's hand,
a jeweled gold cup held high in the hand of your God.
No more will anyone call you Rejected,
and your country will no more be called ruined.
You'll be call Hephzibah (My Delight),
and your land Beaulah (Married),
Because God delights in you
and your land will be like a wedding celebration.
For as a young man marries his virgin bride,
so your builder marries you,
And as a bridegroom is happy in his bride,
so your God is happy with you.
Isaiah 62:1-5 (The Message)

That is awesome!! I am not rejected! I have captured God's heart! My God is my bridegroom! He loves me and is happy with me! You can't get any better than that!!!

Lord Jesus,
Thank you for Your word! You knew I needed to hear these very words today and you placed them in front of me. You have a new name for me! You hold me in Your hand! I am not rejected because You love me and You have plans for me. You delight in me! I am Yours, Your beloved, Your bride and I will live for You!

No comments: