Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Fresh Appreciation

You have left your old sinful life and the things you did before. You have begun to live the new life, in which you are being made new and are becoming like the One who made you. This new life brings you the true knowledge of God. Colossians 3:10

Hmm - I have left my old sinful life and the things I did before. That is so true and it was a long time ago! I need to think about those 'things' I did; not because I want to think about the 'good ole days' but because I am desiring a fresh appreciation for what Abba has done for me.

I was in the dark - now I'm in the light.
I was living to please others - now I live to praise Him!
I was dirty - now I'm pure as a fresh snow.
I was lost - now I'm found.
I was ashamed - now I'm forgiven.
I was sick of myself and hated myself - now I'm full of my Father's love.
I was full of sin - now I am redeemed!
I was chained by my sins - now I'm free in Jesus!!

Thank you, Jesus, for not leaving me to my own destruction! Thank you for delivering me from the pit of sin I was in. Lord, don't let me forget where I was - not because I want to remember it, but because I want a fresh appreciation for the life I have in You. Keep moving me forward in the plans You have for me.

No comments: