Tuesday, July 21, 2009

WARNING!!!

How many times have I ignored warning signs? Too many!! Ignoring a warning light on the car dash has led to major mechanical problems; ignoring a physical pain has led to significant health problems; and ignoring bad behavior in my kids has led to more of the same and bigger issues down the road! All of these issues could have been avoided if I had only paid attention to the warning signs!

Now, what about warnings from God? Oh my - ignoring the warning signs and small whispers from Him have led to such pain and sorrow that could have been avoided so easily. As I look back over my life I wonder just how far would God go to get my attention? I am so thankful that He has never given up on me! And I hold tight to the hope that He never will!

However, I am tired of having to learn things the hard way! As Beth Moore has said "Do we always have to learn the lesson on a field trip?"

Father God, I want to see Your warning signs with my eyes. I want to hear Your warnings with my ears. And I want to be obedient to You with my heart. But, Lord, if I fall back and fail to see, hear, or be obedient, then, please, take me on the field trip - don't leave me to my own devices!

Come back to the Lord your God, because He is kind and shows mercy. He doesn't become angry quickly, and He has great love. Joel 2:13

No comments: