Monday, July 27, 2009

Focus

I have a hard time staying focused.

I go to the store for a few items and "oops" come home with 2-3 bags full of stuff not on my list. I walk into a room to get something and "oops" get sidetracked with other things and leave the room without what I went in for. I'm driving down the road and "oops" my mind starts going somewhere else and I miss my turn. I'm praying and "oops" I cut God off. Ouch - that one hurts!

Why is it so hard for me to stay focused? It is easy to blame my wandering mind on the fast paced world we live in. But, is that accurate? Maybe sometimes, but probably not most of the time. I think I just need to be more disciplined. That might make a big difference!

I sure am glad that God doesn't lose His focus! He has always had His eyes focused on the end result. From the first day of creation (actually before that) He has known where He was going and what He was going to accomplish. He has known what each individual on this earth could accomplish if they would focus on Him. He has known all the pain I could have avoided if I would have kept my focus on Jesus. No sense crying over spilled milk. It is time to move forward!!!

Lord, thank you for being such an awesome God. Thank you for the tender, loving discipline You use to mold me into what You want. Thank you Lord for the constant focus You have for me. I am so glad that Jesus kept His focus all the way from the manger to the cross! Today, I want to keep my eyes focused on Him!

For even I, the Son of Man, came here not to be served but to serve others, and to give my life as a ransom for many. Mark 10:45

1 comment:

Sarah said...

This is so funny -- today I headed back to my room to get... no idea now. Decided I would be a good steward of my steps and take a handful of things back with me when I went. Very proudly scooped up some laundry that was waiting to go back to my room, took it back, returned to the living room without the original thing I went back there for. Doh! Hate being that way, but it's a way of life for me!

Yes, to be godly is to be focused and I have a LONG way to go! :-)