Friday, February 11, 2011

Crazy Love continues

Francis Chan titled chapter two of his Crazy Love book, 'You Might Not Finish this Chapter'. Me, in my ignorance, thought he was referring to the fact that I might not like what I am reading and not finish it. That is not what he meant! He boldly pointed out that I could die at any second and that is why I would not finish the chapter. OH NO! That is not what I wanted to think about!


I like to be stroked - who doesn't?

I like to be encouraged and uplifted - don't you?

I like to feel good about me - isn't that what we are always being told by the media?


But I have been brought before the throne of God in my humility and I am reminded that:


* My life is not about me. I am but a speck.

* I am not the star of my life movie.

* My plans are nothing compared to the plans He has.


"Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money. Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes." James 4:13-14


This chapter took me back to a lesson I heard from Beth Moore when I saw her in Chicago with a great group of girlfriends. Beth was talking about how we act like it is soooo hard to live for Christ. We have this to do . . . Somebody did this to us . . . We don't have time to help with that . . . on and on about how big our life is. In reality and when looking at the BIG picture of beginning to end (not of our life but God's) we are here for such a short time. Why can't we do the hard thing for a short time in comparison to all of eternity?


El-Olam,

'Everlasting God'

You are the source of every good thing in my life. I want to keep my eyes focused on you and live this day and every day for you. I want to remember that my life is not about me, but it is about you. May everything I do bring glory to you, not shame or disappointment, but praise and honor.

Thank you for changing my life! I am forever blessed by falling in love with you.




No comments: