Wednesday, August 4, 2010

SUMMER - WHERE DID YOU GO?

Wow! I don't know what happened. It seems like I JUST got out of school and now it is time to go back - and man oh man, I am in some kind of funk this year, and don't want to go back!!

Let's see - - - what have I done this summer?

* Recovered from the wedding - that included getting my house back in order as well as emotionally adjusting to my daughter being married.

* Spent time with the grandkids! I had 10 straight days with them - that is the longest stretch I have spent with them. It was soooo much fun!!! We went to the Tiger Sanctuary, The Magic House, The Zoo, and Black River. It was also soooo exhausting!!! I think it took me 5 days to get rested and recovered. But it was WELL worth it!!!!

* Enjoyed several outings with my Sister Chicks!!! We went to Caledonia for antiquing, bar-q-cue, candy, and ice cream. We went shopping in Cape and ate at My Daddy's Cheesecake. We went to the Delmar Loop for a day of pottery making and visiting Soulard's Farmers Market. We went to the movies together. Lots of good times with my girls.

* Enjoyed time with my kiddos. Life with adult children is so different. They are so much fun and I love spending time with them. We have cooked together, played games together, and just hung out together.

* Attended 3 weddings!!! My Kate got married. My BFF's daughter, Molly, got married, and Kate's BFF got married! All 3 weddings were beautiful and all 3 couldn't have been more different. Lord, please bless all three of these marriages. May they grow closer to You and to their mate each day.

Wow! It has been a busy summer! It has been a LOT of fun and I am so blessed!

I am glad I sat down and wrote this today. I have been in a bit of a pit! I even said these words yesterday, "I hate my life!" Lord, forgive me for being so ungrateful!

It has seemed that almost everything I touch breaks. During the past month I have had:

1. my lawn mower quit working
2. my car was leaking water on the passenger's floor board
3. my garbage disposal broke
4. the light on my carport is hanging by 1 wire
5. my cell phone broke; and YESTERDAY
6. I came home on the hottest day of the year (100 degrees) and my air conditioner was broke

7. Even my corn cob holder broke off in my hand last weekend!!

BUT - God you are faithful! You are my provider! You are awesome!

You sent my dear friend, Gay Ann, to my aid. She got me motivated in the right direction to deal with these issues.

1. Jake fixed my lawnmower. He is a good son-in-law and a great addition to our family!
2. Kate's friend, Jason, fixed my car (along with Jake). Bless Jason and his family, Lord. They are facing some financial hardships since he lost his job.
3. I can live without a garbage disposal and am doing just fine! :)
4. Jason said he could fix my carport light - so I bought a new one and am waiting to hear back from him.
5. I got a new cell phone - an ipone and I love it!
6. I spent the night with Kate & Jake last night (that was a sweet blessing) The air conditioner man was here at 8:30 this morning and it was a lose wire. So, the air conditioner is fixed and I am once again a happy gal! AND
7. I bought me some new corn cob holders for .97 at Wally World!

Thank you, Father, for showing me what a Wonderful Life I have! It is all because of You that I have such amazing friends and a fantastic family. Thank you for providing for my needs.

I really wish I could live my life in complete freedom from doubt and despair. Satan likes to sneak in and whisper lies in my ear. It seems that he camps out on my shoulder a lot. But today I am reminded to face those lies with the truth! The truth is that I am a daughter of the King and He is bigger than that stinking old devil! I am going to listen to the Voice of Truth!

No comments: